We offer a wide range of services to help you meet a good level of accessibility for your website, mobile apps, software and products.
- Accessibility Audits
- Assistive Technology (AT) Review
- User Testing
- PDF Accessibility
- Wireframe Review
- Design Review
- Competitor Analysis and Benchmarking
Most clients ask us to create a bespoke solution to suit their current project. Contact us now to see how we can help.
We provide Accessibility Audits for websites and software applications in development and deployment stages. Our auditing expertise is based upon research on People With Disabilities and the technologies they use. Our audits are predominantly manual to automatic, in-depth, and informed by practical experience. We also use a range of software tools to assist the auditing process such as the Web Accessibility Toolbar (WAT).
We can audit your website, mobile site, application (app) wireframe, design template, or intranet to the following recognised accessibility standards:
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 1 and 2
- Mobile Web Best Practices (MWBP)
An expert Assistive Technology (AT) review of your website is an effective way of highlighting real-world accessibility issues that your users will typically face without undergoing costly user testing. One of our consultants will work with you to choose a representative selection of pages from your site to undergo testing. Once a set of pages is determined, our consultant will test each page with a variety of assistive technologies including:
- JAWS Screenreader
- Dragon Naturally Speaking voice recognition
- Zoomtext\SuperNova screen magnification
- Windows High Contrast colour scheme
Issues found during this testing process will often be issues not found during a typical audit, and will be indicative of challenges faced by real users of your website.
We can test your website, mobile site, or app with users who will complete tasks and user journeys on your site or app. This allows us to see how the users use the site, how they find information, and what accessibility issues they come across.
PDFs can often be inaccessible to Persons with Disabilities, for instance; without careful modification, visually impaired users will not be able to understand images or differentiate between paragraph text, headings, lists or tables in any of your PDF documents.
Our experience and knowledge on people with disabilities means we can ensure all your documents, including PDFs, are accessible to the wide range of users. To assist you to achieve this, we offer a number of pdf accessibility services:
- PDF audits to identify issues and make recommendations to fix them
- Modification of your PDFs to improve the accessibility for you
- Accessible PDF creation – you supply us the content in another format and we will create an accessible PDF for you
- PDF to HTML conversion – html documents can be made far more accessible than PDFs. We can take your PDFs and turn them in to accessible HTML documents for you
We can review websites and apps at the wire-frame stage to identify any potential issues. A review at this stage helps to ensure accessibility is taken into account during the whole development process and can highlight any potential issues at a stage where they are easier to address.
In reviewing a wire-frame, we can provide feedback on:
- Types of content on pages e.g. related links, side navigation, header\footer
- Conditional functionality – how a page might change depending on whether a user is logged in or not
- How pages relate to one another
- The user journey through the website
Like a wireframe review, a design review can raise important accessibility issues at an early stage when they can be more easily resolved. We can review the graphical mockups of a website or application to identify any accessibility or usability issues and provide recommendations to resolve them. We can also identify any potential issues which may appear in the finished product based on the design and make recommendations for avoiding these issues.
If a website or application is inaccessible or difficult to use, people can easily leave the site and use a competitor’s; it is important to provide an accessible service to your customers. We can compare your website, mobile site, or app against a competitor’s. This analysis can provide valuable information on how your website or application compares to your competitor as well as giving specific points on any issues on your website or application that may need addressing.